Although we have raised money I find a lot of value and inspiration from bootstrapped success stories. I think there is a lot of value running lean and thinking bootstrapped even if you have money in the bank.
Here is some of my recent reading list:
- SideProject Book - some really great stories, 1 or 2 stories could of been left out, but overall a great read.
- Make Your Idea Matter - Really loved this book, a must for any developer to see what it takes to shape and market your product.
- Start Small, Stay Small - A Developers Guide To Launching A Startup - Although I don't agree with all the ideas presented here, I still really enjoyed it. Some good reinforcement on the importance of market and SEO.
- Bootstrapping Design - Some good tips and gives developers confidence to back themselves to give it a shot. I think a professional looking design is probably worth paying for if you can, but this book is a good start if you can't afford it (yet).
- The Lean Startup - The bible, not much to say that hasn't already been said.
- Founders at Work - Just about to start this one, have heard a lot of great things so can't wait to check it out.
Got any other suggestions? I'd love to hear them.